San Diego Beach Improvement Group (SD BIG) believes in transparency and accountability to its constituents and the public by making available information on SD BIG governance structure, governance policies and documents, financial condition as reflected in audited financial statements, and major programs.
This policy implements Internal Revenue Service requirements regarding public disclosure of SD BIG’s IRS form 1023 exemption application and annual reporting IRS forms.
Information Available to the Public
SD BIG shall post here, on its website and make available upon request the following information and documents in a timely manner.1. Governance Documents, including:
- A list of the current officers and directors of SD BIG:
- Laura Hendrickson, President & Founder
- Julie Chan, Secretary
- Karen Maze, PR & Media Director
- Vice President (open)
- Treasurer (Have mentor, but open)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Charters of Standing Committees – Executive Committee,
Governance and Nominating
- Code of Ethics
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Corporate Governance Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Executive Compensation Policy (NA)
- Public Reporting and Transparency Policy (this page)
3. Financial and IRS documents, including:
IRS form 1023 exemption application
Status Update (As of 3/4/20: Paperwork has been received by the IRS and waiting for 90 days + to be processed/assigned to an Exempt Organizations specialist for review.)
- IRS form 990 (none because of reinstatement)
- Audited financial statements (2017-2019)
4. Delegation of Authority for Website Management
SD BIG delegates to the President the authority to manage the SD BIG website in accordance with this policy and with the further objectives of informing SD BIG’s membership and the public of SD BIG’s major activities and programs and providing information that supports SD BIG’s mission.
Adopted by the Board on Feb 19, 2020.